Friday, February 10, 2006

This is my new house



I just bought a house in downtown Chapel Hill! It's an old house with a rich history, but had been vacant for several years as the heirs to the property decided what to do with it.

There is a huge amount of work to do. Since buying the house, I've hired an excellent design/architecture firm, BellaDomus, to rework the interior to fit a more modern lifestyle. Part of the redesign is to move the kitchen to a new room, add a second bathroom, and rework some of the existing space to open it up.

Originally, I was hoping to do some of the heavy lifting myself. Since then, I've decided to serve as the general contractor and hire subs for the various parts of the project. My goal is to have all of the work done by the end of the summer, then host a party to show off the new digs to friends and family. Fortunately, I don't need to live in the house right now, which is good because there is no longer a toilet, sink, kitchen, or shower.

The project has just begun, and I'll post to this blog over the coming weeks and months to show what is going on.

No comments: