Thursday, June 15, 2006

Framing Goes Up

It's been awhile since I blogged about the house. Much has changed and it's starting to look like a house again on the inside. The framing is going in now. The sub-floor is completely finished, and the walls and ceilings are being roughed-in.

Here is a shot of the skylights and the light wells. The skylights are one of my favorite upgrades from the old layout. This is in the family room, which faces south. It will get light all day and so I've also added a large window and glass exterior door to allow as much natural light as possible. In a somewhat small house, I expect the family room will be the center of home life.



Someday I'll be able to take a shower here. For now, I have to be satisfied with knowing that there used to be a door here.



Here are some additional photos of the framing.


No comments: